MILWAUKEE (Sept. 6, 2012) – Today, Harley-Davidson announced the official calendar of 110th Anniversary Celebration events for the coming year. The events will connect millions of Harley-Davidson fans across the globe, united by a common bond and shared passion for freedom, self-expression and epic adventure.
Included in the official calendar are 12 anniversary experiences that Harley-Davidson will bring to existing motorcycle events in global regional markets through September 2013. The events span 11 countries on six continents including North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. The festivities began last week with a 110th Anniversary Celebration kickoff party at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, the Motor Company’s birthplace.
“The 110th Anniversary will be the biggest in our history, celebrated by fans at events on almost every continent on the planet over the course of an entire year,” said Mark-Hans Richer, Harley-Davidson Chief Marketing Officer. “This is more than an Anniversary event – it’s an epic celebration of the freedom that unites us all, and we invite everyone around the world to join in.”
Capping the regional experiences will be two main anniversary celebration events in Rome, Italy and Milwaukee. The Rome event in June 2013 will include a party in the Touristic Port of Ostia, two headlining concerts at the Stadio Olimpico, and a special bike blessing inside St. Peter’s Square, Vatican City, the heart of Rome, by Pope Benedict XVI. The event in Milwaukee over Labor Day weekend in 2013 will be an expanded celebration including rides to Milwaukee organized by fans, a celebration at the world-renowned Henry MaierFestival Park (Summerfest grounds), a massive parade through downtown Milwaukee, activities at the Harley-Davidson Museum and three headlining concerts.
Official 110th Anniversary Celebration Calendar of Events
Official 110th Anniversary Celebration experiences in regional markets between August 2012 and September 2013 include:
- Faaker See, Austria(Sept. 4-9, 2012): 110th Anniversary Kickoff Party at European Bike Week
- Goa, India(Feb. 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at the 1st National H.O.G. Rally
- Auckland, New Zealand(Feb. 14-17, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at the National H.O.G. Rally
- Daytona Beach, Fla.(March 9-16, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Daytona Bike Week
- Melbourne, Australia(April 13-14, 2013) 110th Anniversary Experience
- Margate, South Africa (April 26-28, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Africa Bike Week
- QiandaoLake, Zhe Jiang Province, China (April 30-May 2, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience
- Mexico City, Mexico(Spring/Summer 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience
- Sao Paulo, Brazil (Spring/Summer 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience
- Rome (June 13-16, 2013): 110th Anniversary Celebration
- Sturgis, S.D. (Aug. 3-10, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- Milwaukee (Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 2013): 110th Anniversary Celebration and H.O.G. 30th Anniversary Party
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Sept. 14-19, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Asia Harley Days
Join the Celebration Online
Harley-Davidson fans are invited to join the celebration events online where they can share videos, images and experiences on Facebook, Twitter, and at www.h-d.com/110. The website, which will remain live through 2013, will feature details about all of the Motor Company’s 110th Anniversary events, as well as content posted from fans around the world.
Information regarding ticketing and registration for the official 110th Anniversary Celebration events, which will vary according to event and region, will be made available on the website later this year.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s website at www.harley-davidson.com.